Websites that will help with preparing celebrations
The Official Links
The Legislation is here: search under Civil Union Act 2004 and Relationships (Statutory References) Act 2005.
Other Civil Union Celebrants
I think that it's really important for you to know about the other options available to you so that you may make an informed choice. The full and official list of Registered NZ Civil Union Celebrants is on the Department of Internal Affairs site. I personally wish to recommend two other Celebrants, who are friends of mine and whom I know will be both sensitive and caring as well as competent: Mark Hangartner and Sue Neal.
Resources for Ceremonies
There are a variety of resources available online to assist you with planning your celebration. I also have a range of other resources which I may consult when assisting you in your planning. Here are some of the online references that may be more relevant for your needs:
- Norman Knipe has a range of really helpful New Zealand suggestions for services and vows;
- There's a good list of alternative resources at Kelly's Wedding dialogues;
- For same sex couples, there is a lot of good advice to be found here;
- A good set of guidelines for commitment ceremonies may be found at About.com: Weddings, where you will also find a lot of other useful stuff;
- There's a great set of quotes at the The Quote garden;
- For naming ceremonies, there is a brief New Zealand sample;
- Finally, there are many online resources for funerals, this is a good New Zealand guide.